Quickly Understand Doughnut Economics
PREFER TO LISTEN AND LEARN?
- Have just a few minutes? Doughnut Economics Made Simple - seven videos to help you by Kate Raworth.
- Have 12 minutes? Downscaling the Doughnut to the City by Kate Raworth
- Have 17 minutes? Enjoy this Doughnut TED Talk
- Have 70 minutes? Watch Doughnut Economics Lecture
HAVE TIME TO READ? Check out the following resources?
- Kate Raworth website
- Creating City Portraits - A Methodological Guide from the Thriving Cities Initiative
- World Economic Forum
WHAT DO OTHERS THINK?
- Doughnut Economics by Kate Raworth Review - Forget Growth, Think Survival (Economics, The Guardian)
- There's a Hole in the Middle of Doughnut Economics - Foundation for Economic Education (Fee.org)
- Book Review: Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st Century Economist by Kate Raforth (LSE Review of Books)
- Doughnut Economics Summary (Four Minute Books)
Watch the March 8, 2021 Meeting from the City of Nanaimo Governance and Priorities Committee for an update on the Doughnut Economics Framework.
- See the March 8, 2021 Information Report for the "Update on Doughnut Economics Framework" from the ReImagine Nanaimo Team.
The REIMAGINE NANAIMO process has concluded and, out of that process, a new City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined has been created. The new plan was adopted by Council in 2022. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process!