Draft City Plan - February 2022
In February - April, 2022 the third and final phase of community engagement was held to review the draft City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined (February 2022). If you'd like to review this earlier version which the survey was passed on, you can download the draft using the links below. This draft was reviewed, refined, and changed through the Phase 3 Engagement process. View above articles to see the refined May 2022 City Plan - Nanaimo ReImaigned document, which is being considered for public hearing on June 22, 2022.
- Draft City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined - February 2022 (full resolution)
- Draft City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined - February 2022 (low resolution for faster download)
- Draft City Plan - Schedule Maps - February 2022
Our Future Starts Here - REIMAGINE NANAIMO Phase 3 Video
This 4-minute video is a great way to quickly learn about highlights in City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined.
Key Directions in the draft City Plan
Because there's so much information in the draft City Plan, the REIMAGINE NANAIMO Story Map and Information Sheets summarized key directions. Similar information was presented in two different ways:
- Nanaimo Story Map - an interactive map and journey for people who love zooming around a webpage
- Information Sheets - for people who prefer to read a poster (slower download)
- High Resolution (slower download, higher image quality)
- Low Resolution (faster download, lower image quality)
Public Engagement is now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided their feedback! The public engagement summary was presented to the Governance and Priorities Committee meeting on May 9th, 2022. View above articles to see the Phase 3 | Public Engagement Summary. You can also visit https://www.nanaimo.ca/your-government/city-council/council-meetings/meeting-documents-and-videos to view the meeting where the summary was presented.
The REIMAGINE NANAIMO process has concluded and, out of that process, a new City Plan - Nanaimo ReImagined has been created. The new plan was adopted by Council in 2022. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process!